- A two-color product option
Ability to have 2 different material thicknesses
- A higher esthetic product because of complete tool contact of both exterior sheets
- A hollow product with a separate component trapped inside the two sheets as the part is being twin sheet thermoformed.
- Allows a parting line that varies in locations around the perimeter of the two halves
- Increased Structural Integrity and helps Rigidify otherwise weak areas
- Multiple Materials that we commonly Twin Sheet Thermoform - HIPS, ABS, TPO, HDPE, PP, TPU, & PETG
- Size capabilities range from as small as 8" x 8" to as large as 7' x 11' x 36" Depth
Friday, August 14, 2009
Twin Sheet Thermoforming Advantages and Features
Twin Sheet Thermoforming is accomplished by heating of two extruded plastic sheets simultaneously and then forming and sealing or fusing these two sheets together during the thermoforming process. In many cases, the twin-sheeting process produces parts that can resemble a blow-molded or rotational molded product, but with several advantages.